I don't know what it is about antibiotics, but whenever I am sick, within 24 hours of taking antibiotics I am a million times better. Now my sister, the doc, would say that it isn't the medicine, it was just time for my body to begin healing. I refuse to believe her even though she was in school for a million years and is quite the important person at her hospital. I realize the silly logic, but the difference between yesterday and today is immeasurable.
The kids are better too.
Here they are yesterday after one dose of antibiotics.
No further proof needed for the miracle that is antibiotics!
(I do not claim to know one single thing about medicine, viruses and antibiotics. Please do not take any of my statements to be true, or even smart.)
We are on the mend over here and so happy. Can anyone guess who is the happiest? Yes, Jeff is the happiest. Poor guy has been walking around on eggshells waiting for one of his girls to go off, or for his little man to throw himself on the floor and wipe bugars everywhere. We are a happy house today. A top to bottom lysoled happy house!
Since I am feeling better I have decided the first thing I should do is start lamenting about my upcoming birthday. I will be 40. This is a huge deal for me because when I look in the mirror I see a 25 year old, albeit one with a ton more wisdom, pounds and wrinkles but a 25 year old none the less. So, instead of drowing my sorrows in tears of why oh why am I so old, I am going to try to remember to embrace the days and the life I have. A friend sent me this list of 45 Life Lessons. I will spend the next few weeks remembering these as I embrace this next decade.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
**Written by Regina Brett of Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio**